How To Define Cooling Tower Water Treatment System And Its Workings?
Water treatment has become a major concern for the factories as well as the industries that are running in the market these days bring out a lot of wastewater through the manufacturing and the supplying processes that are conducted inside the industries and the factories, and this wastewater if will be left untreated it will then be very dangerous to be released into the water bodies running into the environment and atmosphere.
As the technology is advancing day by day similarly the pollutants that are getting added into the wastewater from the industries and factories are also becoming strong with each passing day, therefore, there is also a lot of advancement coming up in the form of various water treatment techniques. There are many different types of treatment plants and the systems that are taken into use at the industries for the proper treatment of the wastewater that comes out.
Out of all the various treatment techniques and plants, we will here focus our discussion on the introduction and the working process that is followed by the Cooling Tower Water Treatment System for the purification and treatment of water.
Basic introduction of cooling tower water treatment system:
This type of treatment is very much necessary to be given to the wastewater coming out of the industries for the efficient and longer life of the equipment and types of machinery that are in use. If the water will not be given the cooling tower water treatment it would further lead to organic growth, foul smells also it would grow corrosion in the workplace on the equipment and machines and would thus result in reduced productivity. Also, it would increase the money investment as the replacements of the equipment and the machinery would come up more frequently.
The features associated with the basic cooling tower water treatment system include the following:
- Filtration and ultrafiltration.
- Chemical feed.
- Ion exchange.
- Automated monitoring.
Other than these basic features the further components of the treatment system may differ as they may depend on the type of water quality that is to be given the treatment.
Now that we have already discussed the basic introduction of the treatment system along with the basic features associated with it, we should now further move deeper into the discussion as the main motive of this type of water treatment system and also the process that is followed for working by this type of water treatment system.
The various goals of a cooling tower water treatment system are as follows:
- The system works with the goal of keeping a check on the calcium carbonate scale.
- The level of chloride in water is decided on the basis of cooling tower material and equipment.
- The cooling tower is also needed to regulate the hardness of the water.
- Also, the cooling tower water treatment system needs to work on keeping away all types of foul from the equipment.
- Also, the levels of organic matter are to be regulated as unregulated levels of organic matter may lead to the growth of microorganisms in the water and that can really be harmful.
- The regulation of silica in the water is also the responsibility of the cooling tower water treatment system as this also leads to water hardness.
- The regulation of sulfates in the water is also needed as just like chlorides, these can also lead to corrosion of metals.
- Also, the cooling tower water treatment needs to work on the TDS level regulation in water.
- Also, the goals of a cooling tower water treatment system include the removal of all the suspended solids from the water.
Given below are the steps that are taken by a cooling tower water treatment system for its efficient and smooth working:
- First of all, through the treatment the evaporation cycles of the tower are optimized and thus the water bleed rate is minimized.
- After the first step, this next step of filtration is only conducted if it is needed, with the help of the filtration process the suspended particles are removed from the water.
- Further, in the next step, the hardness of the water is treated with the help of the Ion exchange.
- Then if needed then for further treatment some chemicals are added to the water, however, the number of chemicals needed may differ as per the quality of water.
- Then if the water is to be taken into the circulation of the system once again then a side stream filtration should be conducted.
- Then at the last with the help of the blowdown treatment the water that would be needed would be recovered with the help of some technique like the reverse osmosis and the rest of the water will be released further.
If other than this anyone is looking for any guidance or support in relation to other types of water treatment systems or if anyone needs a swimming pool filtration plant &pool in Faridabador anywhere in and around Delhi or the NCR area then for that should get in touch with the Clear Ion team.