How to Fix QuickBooks Error H202
When you can’t access your QuickBooks file. Then it means that file is deleted from your computer or it can be corrupted. This is when QuickBooks Error Code H202 occurs. Because of security or damaged file issues, this error occurs. In the technical market, QuickBooks is mostly used as an accounting tool. It helps users to keep a better track in their financial transactions and taxes. The common reasons behind this error is – connectivity, data, file, and server-based issues. In this article, we are going to study the reasons and the solutions of QuickBooks Error H202. And you also take help from QuickBooks Help Customer Service.
The message shown on your screen when this error occurs: ‘This company file is on another computer and the QB needs some help connecting.’
Reasons Why QuickBooks Error H202 Occurs
- A firewall is blocking the communication to the company file.
- Configuration settings are incorrect.
- QB DBXX service has not been started.
- .nd file is damaged
- Not able to scan QB file folder with the QB data server.
One thing to note is that the QB error codes H505, H202, H303, and H101 are all related to multi-user mode and issues of the server computer, hence the troubleshooting steps are almost interlinked. In order to avoid confusion here is a link to the blog of our site that talks about overcoming QuickBooks Error H505, and all the troubleshooting steps are the same.
Methods for Fixing the QuickBooks Error H202
Here are some of the most effective techniques that help you get rid of the QuickBooks error code h202: –
Method – 1: Network Connectivity Configuration
- Open QuickBooks on all the systems it is installed in.
- Then, from the File menu, click on the ‘Utilities’ option and turn on Hosting.
- Now, press the Windows key on your keyword and then type ‘This PC’ on the host computer.
- You will find the Network option on the left side of the screen, click on it twice to ensure all the networks are properly visible.
- Now, Ping or Send a message to all the other computers that have QB installed in them.
- Then, do the same from the system that is displaying the error.
- The ping test is possible only by making use of the Command Prompt.
- The command will be: ping (Name of the Computer) + Enter
You can get rid of error code h202 in QuickBooks on your own if you are familiar with Command Prompt. In case you are not so tech-savvy then you may get in touch with team QB Pro Solution.
Method – 2: Affix the QB Server Information in the Windows Host File
- The windows host file will be available in the C Drive, so you need to look for it over there.
- You need to make use of this method on all the systems that are displaying the error.
- Once you find the file, click on it twice and use the Open With option and then choose Notepad.
- Go through the end of the file and then enter the IP Address.
- Now press the TAB key on your keyword and enter the QB server name.
- Then Save the file by pressing Ctrl+S or through the Save option from the File menu.
This method has worked for a lot of users, so we advise that you use the above-mentioned steps carefully.
Method – 3: Make use of the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool to Examine the Errors
- Check for the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool in your accounting software. It is generally in-built and if it isn’t you will require downloading it.
- Once you have installed it, run it to scan the QB Company File folder.
- Note down the IP address when the tool starts running.
- Read all the onscreen instructions from start to end.
- After that, open the company file once again to verify if the error still exists.
In case the error still bothers you, we suggest that you add QuickBooks firewall port exceptions in your Windows Firewall and the security software.
Method – 4: Configure QBDBSM
- Use the Run window, type MSC and then select the ‘Services’ icon.
- A list of programs or services will appear from where you need to choose the QuickBooks Database Server Manager file. The file will be visible in a short form, for instance, QuickBooksDBxx (here, XX represents the QuickBooks version you have on your system).
- After finding the file, select the on the ‘Stop’ service option to disable the service.
- Click on the drop-down and then select the ‘Automatic’ start checkbox.
- Open the QB tool to try opening the file again.
A common reason for QuickBooks Error H202 is the QuickBooks Database Server Manager Service not working. If restarting the service also does not have any effect you need to ensure to move to the next technique.
Method – 5: Change the Location of the Company File
With QuickBooks error h202 switching to multi-user mode became difficult, however, changing the company file location may solve this problem. Use these steps to change the file location:-
- Before changing the location, it is important that you create a New Folder in the C Drive.
- If you cannot find the company file, search for. TLG file in the search box and once you find it, Copy it.
- Then, open the New Company file folder and paste the old company file there.
- Open your accounting software and try opening the file in the multi-user mode.
- Check out the next time if you are still able to see the issue.
Method – 6: Fix and Update your QuickBooks
Open the Control Panel in your computer system and click on Programs and Features. Then find the QuickBooks program from the list of programs and click on it. You will see Change/Repair options from which you need to click on Repair.
Besides this, you also need to check if there is any pending update. If there is any, quickly update your software and the issue will be removed on its own.
Method – 7: Rename all the ‘.TLG’ and ‘.ND’ Files
- Close QuickBooks on all the computers.
- Shut down or Close QB on all the systems it is installed in.
- Then, open the company file in the server or host computer
- You now need to find all the files with ‘.TLG’ in the end and check whether all of them are displaying the error h202.
- Rename all the files that show that error and write OLD next to them.
- Then repeat the same for all the ‘.ND’ files and close the folder that contains the Company File.
- This will hopefully eliminate the error and you will be able to use your accounting tool without any trouble.
It is also possible that all the techniques and solutions given above might be failed. And you are able to solve QuickBooks Error H202 from your software. In this situation, contact QuickBooks Support Phone Number to get assistance from QuickBooks Experts. Our QuickBooks experts will provide the best solutions for any kind of error related to QuickBooks